Hardik Bhammar


Hello my name is Hardik Bhammar from India. A Hotelier by Profession and a Butterfly Collector by Passion. My Childhood Fascination, has become my Lifelong Hobby. Butterflies have fascinated people for centuries! I was spellbound to butterflies at a very young age. Of all insects, butterflies are probably the most popular, because they are renowned for their beautiful colors and graceful flight. They create positive emotions, improve the mood and so heal by their beauty. What started out as a childhood charm, study of butterflies and collecting them soon became something more. It’s my feeling that all childhood experience, good and bad, resonates forever. I stopped collecting at some point, but I never forgot what collecting meant to me. For me butterflies form a mesmerizing study and several sub-themes to be chosen with the theme. Hence my collection comprises of vide range of subjects which includes Philately (postage stamps and postage history), Numismatics (coins and paper money, Phillumeny (matchbox and labels), Vitolphilia (cigar bands), Cartophily (cigarette cards and tea cards) and many other collectables. Why butterflies? The reason is the interest, the curiosity, the captivation towards the natural world. Through my collection I would like to let children explore the natural world and learn about it. And make them go outside to let that curiosity run its course, or we won’t have any naturalists or scientists. Children need to see natural beauty, the beauty of butterflies.

I have entered Credence World Records (2021), World Genius Records (2021), OMG Book Of Records (2021) & Champions Book Of World Records (2020) for The Largest Butterfly Collection. Also have been awarded “National Champion” Of National Collectors Championship Organized By National Human Welfare Board Trust, Bhubaneshwar (2020).  And also I have been Awarded Bronze Medal in Balangirpex, District Level Philatelic Exhibition (2018). 







 

1 comment:

  1. The 6 butterfly labels on the 1st page with black background from Finland was also sold here in Denmark. According to my information the set was published in 1975.

    ReplyDelete